Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Fruit Of The Spirit - Self Control (Part2)

I'm praying that what you read, here, will bless you so deeply that you will pursue the Lord with a passion that can scarcely be called "prayer". I'm nuts about my Lord. I stay up to be with Him in peace - and rise early for more of the same.

Why? Because I'm such a strong Christian - disciplined and faithful?

Don't make me laugh!

Jesus has pursued ME, dear friend! I got tired of running from Him and SURRENDERED! I didn't climb some mountain. I wasn't wiser than most. I go to others when I need wisdom. I literally FELL into His Blessings!

If anyone lets on that they are a great man or woman of God - or exceptionally wise - or any other such high and holy claim - you need to bust out laughing.

The key to blessing is to admit the exact opposite. And when you open this door you will fall into His Arms Of Love. You will "fall" alright. You will fall in Love like you've never fallen in Love before!

So if it's that easy, why aren't we all living in a peaceful, wonderful state that would draw unbelievers to us in droves?

As easy as it is, it does require us to cough up our pride. Our religion also stops us. That's just two of the great enemies of God. The Holy Spirit is gentle and kind, like a dove. But you can drive that dove away if you work hard enough at it. Being busy. Keeping that wall up. Feeling guilty. Being fretful.

But most of all: Simply not being willing to believe that it can be THIS GOOD!

Believe it! It can!

Those of you who read yesterday's post may recall that our stubborn unwillingness to surrender will keep us trapped in Romans 7 - where we "Don't do the things we want to do and do the things we don't want to do.".

I've got good news for you! He's pursuing you!!

Give in.

Then you will be set free as "The Law Of The Spirit Of Life in Christ Jesus" sets you free from the "law of sin and death".

If you're flying above the clouds, you don't need to worry about the storms of this world. Even should you be tortured for Christ, God can take you into the heavenlies in the Spirit. We will, in fact, discuss how apathy, being full, comfort, and dullness are far more formidable enemies than pain and suffering. If you can laugh at death itself, in Christ - nothing can touch you.

If the worst brings out the best - and it does - then nothing can separate us from the Love Of God in Christ Jesus!

Tomorrow we'll discuss how God gives LIFE to your MORTAL BODY through the Mystery Of Christ - when you use Faith (Give in. Surrender. Look to Him alone.)

Until then, don't try so hard. Just stop running. Fall into God's ocean of Love! Cast aside all your fears and dare to BELIEVE! I'm telling you, IT'S TRUE. Do you think I'm making this stuff up? And you've already experienced it yourself! But you need to "surrender to God", as you did before - with tears of joy.

And when you do, self control is "automatic" as he takes control of your heart and mind with a love that is beyond the ability of words to describe.

4 comments:

  1. Very true indeed Kip. "...apathy, being full, comfort, and dullness are far more formidable enemies than pain and suffering."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear man of God, Holy and Precious Greetings to you in Jesus Our Lord.

    Dear man of God, I Read Your Writings,they are wonderful.

    can I use them In Our Daily Ministries?

    Dear man of God, I am a Pastor from India.

    If it is God's will, Please Pray for me and for Our Ministries for The Salvation of The Perishing Millions.

    I and We Pray for your Welfare and Abundant Prosperity.

    In Him

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may use these entries any way you see fit.

    I labor on them at night - and the writing is not always perfect. And I am, of course, a weak and imperfect brother in Christ. So I will value your comments and thoughts.

    May JESUS be your teacher through His Word and His Holy Spirit.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Respected Kip Petzold, Holy Greetings To You in Jesus Our Lord.

    I have been Translating some of Your Writings in To Our Native Languages.

    IF IT IS GOD'S WILL AND IF IT IS YOUR WILL, PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SALVATION OF THE PERISHING MILLIONS.

    Dear Servant of The God Almighty, If it is Possible to you, Please send some of Your Writings to my E.mail so that I can translate them for Our Churches in India.

    For His Glory

    ReplyDelete